4/05/2009

knit tutorial

I´ve been asked to make a tutorial for this so I finally decided to post it. First you need a shirt and you need to cut it like this shirt or how ever you want to cut it. Remember that after doing this, your shirt will be smaller and and shorter. How much? It denpends on how much you do this, like how many knitted parts you do and so on. In my top I repeated this 3 times on 1 area on the back and 2 times on 2 areas on front and it went from L to XS but the knitted parts are quite tretchy. My top was also long and it became normal lenght.

So now you´ve cut your top. Make smaller holes like in the picture. I made 2 here even though maybe 1 would have been enough because the area is so small.

Take the strip above the small hole and pull it trough it from the behind(! this is important because otherwise it´ll look different)

Then take the next strip and pull it through the earlier strip that went through the whole you made in the beginning.

Continue doing that until there are no more strips left and then sew the last 1 where the knitted part ends. Then do this again next to the other 1 if you want.

I´m sorry that my explanation might have been a little complicated but I hope the pics show you better how to do that. It´s really easy. I learned it accidentaly, so if you know how to knit, I´m sure you´ll figure this out. Oh, and the magazine was inside the shirt so that it wouldn´t look too complicated and so that I wouldn´t accidentaly take fringes from the other side of the shirt.

I have to say that I´m not happy with how the hem ended up looking so I just hid it under a skirt. If you have any questions, I´d be happy to answer :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Am I'm so glad you did this tutorial!!! Can't believe it's just knitting the jersey strips together, I understand it now! I need to have a think about how best to try this out...

jennamariia said...

yes it´s that´s simple actually :D strip is actually a better word than fringe haha. i used it because i didn´t know what i shoul call it but i think i´ll change it now

Unknown said...

Glad I could help! Hope you don't mind if i link back to this on my blog and include a picture?

jennamariia said...

no i don´t mind at all! :)

Georgie said said...

Fantastic tutorial, I'm definitely going to give this a try... however I doubt it will turn out as good as yours.
x

jennamariia said...

let me know if u try this. i would like to see how it turns out :)

Winnie said...

You are amazing! love this :) I am going to try do it now, ooo this is exciting!!