11/26/2015

Morocco photo diary: Fes


























I left the group in Chefchaouen and traveled to Fes with my new German friend Kata. On the morning that we were planning to leave we were not yet sure if there was gonna be a bus or no, so, we just had to go to the bus station and wait. We went to the bus station the day before to ask about tickets and they told us to come back next day because "maybe there is a bus, maybe there isn´t". There indeed was a bus and it took 4-5 hours. 

When we arrived in Fes we were aware that there was gonna be a lot of scammers there but we didn´t know they would try before we even got out of the taxi. Luckily we were smart enough to avoid all scammers but the first impression of Fes was not very welcoming. In the morning we went on a walking tour even though I usually avoid those and wander around instead but honestly we probably wouldn´t have found any of the places without the guide. It was really difficult to capture in photos how maze like the streets actually were. I loved it. Nobody tried to scam us once we settled. We just walked around aiming to get lost in the maze.

I only spent one night and one day in Fes before I continued my trip to Marrakech on an overnight train. 

No comments: